Career Advisor/Case Manager
Status: Part Time (30-40 hrs per week)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Center for Pan Asian Community Services, Inc. (CPACS) is a private nonprofit located in
Atlanta, Georgia. Our mission is to promote self-sufficiency and equity for immigrants, refugees,
and the underprivileged through comprehensive health and social services, capacity building, and
advocacy. Founded on the belief that “people need people,” CPACS is the first, largest and oldest
organization in the Southeast to focus on issues and concerns of Asian Americans, especially
women, children and families with low incomes.
The Career Advisor is responsible for client support/services for CPACS NextGen WIOA
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and implement a realistic Individual Service Plan (ISP) to address employability
planning and/or completion of education/training, support services and identify
• Provide intensive file and case management assisting participants in overcoming barriers
that inhibit success in education, employment or training and entry into the client
• Serve as an advocate for participants as needed
• Work in collaboration with partner agencies and educational institutions to achieve the
goals stated on the participant ISP
• Coordinate activities with local One Stop for related services.
• Conduct employer outreach for On-the-job training and work experience sites.
• Conduct life skills, vocational, occupational and employment counseling, with groups
• Schedule and conduct workshops including Work Readiness and various re-employment
services workshops (e.g. resume and cover letter writing, interviewing skills, coping with
job loss/crisis management, job search techniques, keeping your job, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum a college student; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Possess an understanding of the needs of out of school youths and creativity to respond
to student learning needs with innovative ideas and approaches
• Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, ability to communicate effectively (orally and
in writing with diverse groups)
• Positive professional attitude
• Experience working with youths and parents
• Ability to self-motivate, initiate project activities, and manage multiple tasks
• Experience in planning, organizing and facilitating community forums, and youth
• Fluency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Internet, Database, and spreadsheet operations
• Fluency in English; bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
Email your resume to Jacinto Hall at Jacinto.Hall@cpacs.org to apply or for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to Jacinto.Hall@cpacs.org