Center for Pan Asian Community Services, Inc. (CPACS) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that is the first, largest, and longest-standing service-providing agency focused on Asian Pacific Islanders in the Southeast. Its mission is to promote self-sufficiency and equity for immigrants, refugees, and the underprivileged through comprehensive health and social services, capacity building, and advocacy. We are not an employment agency, but we help employment clients find jobs.
Currently, we are assisting newly arrived refugees with employment services. Our goal is to provide all the necessary support and preparation to ensure employment for refugees.
Benefits of Hiring Refugees:
- According to recent news, by January 2013, all businesses with more than 10 employees will be required to use the E-Verify system. Refugees are authorized to work in the U.S. We provide pre-screening of all clients and assistance with documentations and paper work.
- Hiring refugees may entail benefits, such as tax credits for employers.
- Some Refugee Clients Traits: Eager to Work, Hardworking, Dependable, Positive Attitude, Strong Work Ethic, Quick Learners, Adaptable
Other services we provide to assist employers in hiring refugees:
- Pre-screening of Skills and Experience
- Preparing Resume
- Assisting with Job Applications
- Preparing for an Interview
- Trainings: Skills, On-the Job, Pre-Training, Understanding the U.S. Work Culture, GED Preparation, Skills Certifications, and Other Related Trainings
- Job Orientation
- Job Placement Follow-Up