for HomeBuyer WorkShop
- Course Outline: The following topics will be covered to educate potential homebuyers during the 8-hour first-time homebuyer education workshop:
- Net income budgeting – gross income vs. net income, budgeting, renting vs. owning, loan affordability, down payment assistance
- Mortgage loan – FHA loan vs. Conventional loan, loan comparison, closing costs, building & maintaining credit, alternative sources of mortgage credit, predatory lending
- Home searching – selecting a real estate agent, housing selection & mobility, honest money & down payment, purchase procedure
- Home inspection – importance of home inspection, home inspection vs. appraisal
- Closing – what is important and what to expect on the closing table
- Down Payment Assistance: Homebuyers must complete an 8-hour homebuyer workshop from a HUD-approved housing counseling agency to apply for the following assistance.
- Gwinnett Homestretch: Eligible homebuyers can receive a down payment assistance of $7,500. Income limits and house sales price limits are applied – $161,500.00 for previously constructed homes and $199,500.00 for new construction homes. (Please refer to the attachments for more detailed information)
- DeKalb Down Payment Assistance Program: Eligible homebuyers can receive a down payment assistance of $5,000 to $8,000. Income limits are applied. The maximum sales price is $160,000.00.
- Georgia Dream Home Program: Eligible homebuyers can receive a down payment assistance of $5,000. Income limits are applied. The maximum sales price is $250,000.00
- Invest Atlanta