Human Resource Specialist
Status: Full-Time Position (40 hrs. per week)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Center for Pan Asian Community Services, Inc. (CPACS) is a private nonprofit located in Atlanta, Georgia. Our mission is to promote self-sufficiency and equity for immigrants, refugees, and the underprivileged through comprehensive health and social services, capacity building, and advocacy. Founded on the belief that “people need people,” CPACS is the first, largest and oldest organization in the Southeast to focus on issues and concerns of Asian Americans, especially women, children and families with low incomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties and Responsibilities: Recruit qualified employees (when the job positions become available).
- Compile and manage all employee information into the HR Information System, including workers’ compensation claims, insurance coverage, retirement plans, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and other related personnel and payroll issues.
- Attend meetings and hearings as the HR representative.
- Provide guidance to employees on company HR policies and procedures (e.g. vacation, medical leave, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with FMLA, ADA and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Processes performance reviews, wage/salary transactions and disciplinary actions in the Company’s HR information system in a timely manner and within approval authorization.
- Resolve employee personnel inquiries or grievances and submits necessary inputs, changes,
additions and deletions into the HR Information System.
- Administer employee onboarding and new employee orientation.
- Engage and resolve employment issues expediently, with professionalism and tact. 11. Assist or administer employee raining, such as leadership, enhancement, etc.
- Develop and implement the employees’ talent management program.
- Develop employee rewards and recognition programs
- Bachelor Degree required
- Certificate in HR or M.S. in Human Resource management, or at least 2 years of HR work experience preferred
- Good working knowledge and familiarity with HR concepts, practices, procedures and basic employment laws required.
- Experience working with performance management using the OKR methodology or Manage to Change methodology highly preferred.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism to gain the respect of all employees.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize duties in fast-paced environment.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Victoria.Huynh@cpacs.org
To apply for this job email your details to Victoria.Huynh@cpacs.org