Civic Engagement Coordinator
Status: Full-Time Position
Center for Pan Asian Community Services, Inc. (CPACS) is a private nonprofit located in Atlanta, Georgia. Our mission is to promote self-sufficiency and equity for immigrants, refugees, and the underprivileged through comprehensive health and social services, capacity building, and advocacy. Founded on the belief that “people need people,” CPACS is the first, largest and oldest organization in the Southeast to focus on issues and concerns of Asian Americans, especially women, children and families with low incomes.
Position Summary: CPACS Senior Services Department is seeking a detail-oriented individual to work as a full time program coordinator. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have good organizational skills, and have good communication skills. The program coordinator will develop and coordinate activities to generate client attendance for the CPACS Senior Services and assist with organizing the respite voucher program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning, preparation, and implementation of CPACS Civic Engagement activities including outreach events, voter trainings, coalition meetings, phone/text banking, canvassing, Early and Election Day events and more.
- Assist with overseeing canvassing program including recruiting, hiring, training, and coordinating canvassers and activities
- Assist in data management and information tracking including event information, canvasser hours, grantee activities, and voter data and more.
- Recruit and train staff, canvassers, and volunteers on topics such as voter engagement, outreach, etc.
- Attend and/or facilitate civic engagement events and outreach
- Coordinate with coalition grantees and Civic Engagement partners on activities including but not limited to preparing for coalition meetings, 1:1 check ins, email and phone correspondence, technical assistances and drop off/pick up of materials
- Assist with creating and providing input on Civic Engagement and voter materials and trainings including flyers, advertisements, presentations, one pagers and more.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Experience with civic engagement and advocacy for Asian American/Pacific Islander (AAPI) and/or other minority communities preferred
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed, frequency will increase with election deadlines
- Proficiency in Asian languages or Spanish preferred, but not required
- Task-oriented and time management skills
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- Candidate must have a dedication to the well-being of refugees, immigrants, and underserved communities and social justice
- Candidates must submit a recent background check conducted at a local police department upon acceptance into the program
For interest in the position, please contact Sarah Brechin and send resume to Sarah.Brechin@cpacs.org
To apply for this job email your details to Sarah.Brechi@cpacs.org