Housing Counselor/Program Coordinator Bi-lingual
Compensation: Dependent upon qualifications
Center for Pan Asian Community Services, Inc. (CPACS) is a private non-profit organization located in Atlanta, Georgia. Our mission is to promote self-sufficiency and equity for immigrants, refugees, and the underprivileged through comprehensive health and social services, capacity building, and advocacy. CPACS is a housing counseling agency approved by HUD (U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development).
- Housing Counselor is responsible for providing renters, homebuyers, or homeowners with housing needs assessment and relevant counseling (budget/credit counseling, pre-purchase counseling, non-delinquent post-purchase counseling, or foreclosure prevention counseling) and education.
- The Counselor must pass HUD Housing Counselor Exam and become a certified housing counselor within three (3) months of employment. The required trainings will be provided.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform initial intake services and assess client’s housing needs and barriers
- Help clients establish budget and financial/housing goals
- Open client files which include housing counseling intake form, supporting documents
- Establish a counseling plan and conduct a follow up to help clients meet their goals
- Maintain accurate up-to-date documentation of case management services, if applicable, i.e. collaboration with other programs, referrals to other services
- Receive on-going housing counseling and education trainings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and customer services oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all level of staffs
- Must submit background check
- Must be flexible – i.e. facilitating a workshop or conducting outreach on weekends
For interest in the position, please send your resume to Stephen Lee at Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to Stephen.email@example.com