Department: Information Technology (IT)
Senior Systems Administrator
Status: Full Time
Compensation: Contingent on Experience
Center for Pan Asian Community Services, Inc. (CPACS) is a private nonprofit located in Atlanta, Georgia. Our mission is to promote self-sufficiency and equity for immigrants, refugees, and the underprivileged through comprehensive health and social services, capacity building, and advocacy. Founded on the belief that “people need people,” CPACS is the first, largest and oldest organization in the Southeast to focus on issues and concerns of Asian Americans, especially women, children and families with low incomes.
The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for supporting, administering and improving
the current CPACS Infrastructure environment. The position will work to maximize reliability, security
and performance while keeping in mind ease of expandability and flexible growth. This role will act as
a technical leader on the infrastructure team driving process standardization and best practices.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT
- Provide Training to End Users on IT Software and Applications.
- Responsible for maintaining secure and reliable IT infrastructure.
- Maintain Inventory and Asset Configuration documentation.
- Mentor team members on existing and new technologies.
- Research and purchase technical equipment like computers, servers, printers, etc.
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, and Avaya Technologies.
- Provide Logs and Reporting on Helpdesk issues.
- Lead technical projects including platform upgrades, migrations and patching.
- Act as a lead for support requests, guiding Level 1 & 2 Help Desk support teams around connectivity troubleshooting, printing configuration, Group Policy / Active Directory administration and Interfaces.
- Prioritize and resolve problems as they arise and notify management of potential problems
pertaining to software and network functionality, customer relations, company documentation and internal processes/regulations.
- Evaluate new technological developments and evolving business requirements and recommend innovations to business/IT management.
- Remain current on technological changes within the industry through research and company training.
- Maintain knowledge of company products and services offered as well as internal
departmental activities to effectively provide support and maintenance.
- Help manage physical and virtual server environments including performance analysis, email, administration and patching strategies. COMPLEXITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
- Analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within standards (where
- Identify technological problems and take proactive steps to document and implement best practices.
- Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through.
- May act as a resource to others in the business to solve problems. DISCRETION / LATITUDE / DECISION-MAKING
- Exercise independent judgment. Work affords significant opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Encouraged to seek out innovative solutions to problems, including new technologies. COMMUNICATIONS / INTERPERSONAL CONTACTS
- Work and communicate with a wide range of people – peers, vendors, the public, staff members including executive leadership, and others.
- Consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Formulate and clearly communicate ideas to others.
- Maintains the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur at MedExpress, while being resilient and flexible, and inspiring and motivating the team.
- Constantly communicates to the team, is open to opinions and feedback from team members
- and follows through on commitments.
- 3+ years’ experience in managing Enterprise level network and server environment.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Related field.
- Experience with MS Windows Server (2012 R2/2016/2019), Teamviewer (Remote and Service
Camp), SCCM, Hyper-V, Azure
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting,
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service
- Ability to support and administer multi-site server instances and applications, including disaster recovery and load-balancing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional certifications as appropriate
- Active Directory maintenance and authentication (Kerberos), Group Policy deployment, Cloud Infrastructure, Exchange / Email administration, Virtualization Tools (VMware / Hyper – V), DNS, Domain Controllers, Load Balancing, Process and Network Monitors, Clustering, SaaS offerings, Virtual Desktop implementation
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining some of the above technologies
(virtualized server environment, Active Directory, Email, etc.)
For interest in the position, please send your resume to Klyde Kim at Klyde.Kim@cpacs.org
To apply for this job email your details to Klyde.Kim@cpacs.org