CPACS Housing Counseling Department provides housing counseling and education services to low-to-moderate income renters, homebuyers, or homeowners. Our bi-lingual housing counselors speak Burmese, Hindi, Korean, Nepali, and Urdu.
“Please register online by paying the fee ($30) to secure the seat. ”
This Month Home Buyer Seminar will be held on March 18, 2023 (Saturday)
Our services include the following:
- Financial Management/Credit Counseling: We assist our clients with Budgeting, credit counseling to build or rebuild credibility, financial coaching and setting financial goals.
- Pre-purchase Counseling: We provide homebuyers with budgeting, mortgage readiness, fair housing rights, home buying process, home inspection and responsibility of homeownership.
- Mortgage Delinquency Counseling: We help homeowners create emergency budgeting, apply for various loss mitigation options (forbearance, repayment plan, loan modification, short-sale, or deed-in-lieu), and/or understand the foreclosure procedure and the avoidance of eviction.
- Rental Counseling: We provide referrals for senior housing or homeless shelters, assist the homeless-at-risk households or individuals with transitional housing, and provide intervention counseling between tenants and landlords to resolve disputes.
- First-time Homebuyer Workshop: This is an 8-hour certificate program. We educate prospective homebuyers about budgeting and loan affordability, FHA loan vs. conventional loan, shopping for a home, home inspection vs. home appraisal, and down payment assistance programs. We help them understand the homebuying process and make informed decisions.
- Financial Literacy Education: We educate refugee households about banking, budgeting and credit, and financial goals.