Job Skills & Training
CPACS provides job-readiness training for individuals and families to become economically self-sufficient.
The purpose of the CPACS Youth job skills and training services is to help youth who are struggling to find jobs, keep jobs, and / or find better jobs to ultimately build a better life for themselves.
This Program focuses Jobs for Pay – focused out of school participant since the age is from 16 to 24 years old in DeKalb and Gwinnett counties who need assistance achieving their GED / HS Diploma, Certification, and or entering Post Secondary Schooling and the job market.
- GED classes tailored to individuals
- GED study materials
- Financial assistance with all GED exams and exam fees
- Transportation assistance to classes. and exams
- Job certification and credential assistance
- maintaining and updating resumes and job applications
- English classes, and basic computer skills
- Mock job interviews, interview prepping, and job fairs
- Financial literacy skills
All projects are tailored accordingly to gender, socio-economic, age, language and cultural challenges.
Programs and Workshops
This service is designed to provide participants with exposure to the work environment through employment and training services.
Participants are able to develop positive work habits and attitudes towards the workplace while developing and/or enhancing their job readiness skills. We provide stipends and wages ($$) for each individual who participates in this service. After the successful completion of work experience training, participants may have an opportunity of being hired and/or gain professional references for their resumes.