Bilingual Paratransit Driver
Status: Full-time / Part-time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Center for Pan Asian Community Services, Inc. (CPACS) is a private nonprofit located in Atlanta, Georgia. Our mission is to promote self-sufficiency and equity for immigrants, refugees, and the underprivileged through comprehensive health and social services, capacity building, and advocacy. Founded on the belief that “people need people,” CPACS is the first, largest and oldest organization in the Southeast to focus on issues and concerns of Asian Americans, especially women, children and families with low incomes.
The Driver will provide transportation services to older adults, individuals with disabilities, and those looking for employment to various destinations and assisting them as necessary. The Driver will also assist in educating the community about CPACS Transportation services and other public transportation options. The Driver will also serve as a community liaison to provide and coordinate transportation services. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and organized with a passion for serving the community by providing excellent transportation services to the community.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate cutaway shuttle buses, passenger vans, mini-vans, and sedans to transport older adults, individuals with disabilities, and those looking for employment to various destinations and assisting them as necessary
- Demonstrate safe and courteous driving behavior at all times
- Assist in educating the community about existing public transportation options
- Help coordinate periodically educational meetings in the community
- Complete daily vehicle pre- and post-trip inspections, and maintain vehicle cleanliness
- Record necessary trip data to assist in program evaluation
- Must be able to accurately complete driving logs / vehicle reports
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Georgia State Drivers’ License (valid for past 3 years, excluding learner’s permit)
- Clean driving record (must provide Motor Vehicle Record driving history and have no more than one citation in the past 3 years)
- Must pass criminal background check (No charges or convictions for driving under the influence (DUI), leaving the scene of an accident, refusal to take a chemical test for intoxication, aggressive driving, exceeding speed limit by more than 19 MPH, etc.)
- Pass a mandatory pre-employment drug screening
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Strong understanding and commitment to working with a multicultural community
- Strong customer service experience
- Promptness and on-time performance
- Must be available to work early mornings, late evenings, and on the weekends
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and a willingness to participate fully in a team process
- Ability to operate basic office software (email, team messaging, scheduling software)
- All drivers must successfully complete all required training (First Aid/CPR, Defensive Driving, Wheelchair securement, Driver and CPACS orientation)
- Bilingual Burmese/Nepali/Korean/Chinese/Swahili/Spanish/English preferred
- Must be physically able to step up and down steps, safely secure clients for transport, lift up to 75 lbs., and transport wheelchair patients on paved and unpaved surfaces.
Email Frank Lee at Frank.Lee@cpacs.org to apply or for more information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com