Food Safety

Food Safety Manager Certification

This certification is required of anyone preparing to open a food service establishment or employed at such a workplace.

Certification is mandatory not only for restaurants but also for bakeries or ice cream/yogurt parlors. In addition, produce stands selling cleaned vegetables need a food handler’s certification, as do mobile vendors of tacos or flat cakes. All businesses handling unsealed food items need this certification.

It is safe to assume that all businesses dealing with meat, milk, or anything containing protein or potentially perishable come under this requirement.
Currently, CPACS class is conducted in Korean.

The examination is available in Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese, English, and Spanish.