CPACS Housing Counseling Department provides housing counseling and education services to low-to-moderate income renters, homebuyers, or homeowners. Our bi-lingual housing counselors speak Burmese, Hindi, Korean, Nepali, and Urdu.
The available seats are all occupied for the upcoming HBW on
April 17th, 2021.
You can register online today.
“CPACS is limiting the number of workshop participants to follow the COVID-19 safety protocol.
Please register online by paying the fee ($30) to secure the seat. The fee will not be refundable.”
May Home Buyer Seminar will be
held on the 15th, 2021 (Saturday).
Our services include the following:
- Financial Management/Credit Counseling: We assist our clients with Budgeting, credit counseling to build or rebuild credibility, financial coaching and setting financial goals.
- Pre-purchase Counseling: We provide homebuyers with budgeting, mortgage readiness, fair housing rights, home buying process, home inspection and responsibility of homeownership.
- Mortgage Delinquency Counseling: We help homeowners create emergency budgeting, apply for various loss mitigation options (forbearance, repayment plan, loan modification, short-sale, or deed-in-lieu), and/or understand the foreclosure procedure and the avoidance of eviction.
- Rental Counseling: We provide referrals for senior housing or homeless shelters, assist the homeless-at-risk households or individuals with transitional housing, and provide intervention counseling between tenants and landlords to resolve disputes.
- First-time Homebuyer Workshop: This is an 8-hour certificate program. We educate prospective homebuyers about budgeting and loan affordability, FHA loan vs. conventional loan, shopping for a home, home inspection vs. home appraisal, and down payment assistance programs. We help them understand the homebuying process and make informed decisions.
- Financial Literacy Education: We educate refugee households about banking, budgeting and credit, and financial goals.